Thursday, November 17, 2011

Relative Recovery, Tiny Pig

After a couple weeks in a confusing, stressful place, I feel like I have nearly fully emerged from my slump. Thanks to the help of my wonderful friends, the return of the sunshine here in Nice, and a cunning use of Al Green's and Tenacious D's music, I am feeling much better. Though it is difficult to be away from home, and will continue to be so, it's best to power through the bad so as to ensure that one is still taking advantage of the good.

I do love it here, I do think that it's a great experience, and the best thing for me to do is to not allow myself to sit in my apartment eating massive amounts of chips/chocolate while illegally streaming American TV shows. Obviously the occasional indulgence is good, but there is SO much I haven't seen. I am beginning to guilt myself because I have been here for nearly 8 and truly haven't done much of anything in terms of touristy endeavors on the Cote d'Azur.

Here is a list of things that I need to see/do:
Chagall museum
Matisse museum
Roman ruins
Renoir museum (Cagnes-sur-Mer)
Old city of Cagnes-sur-Mer
Eze
Monaco
Villefrance-sur-Mer
Toulon
Go hiking in the animal refuge/national park
Go up to the mountains (this will probably wait for a month or two)
Antibes again
Cannes
Russian Church
Ventimiglia

SO! I have a full plate in terms of things to see and do. Luckily the buses and trains are fast and (relatively) reliable--given there isn't a strike. Hopefully in the next month, I will be able to cross all of these things off my list. This also will mean that I will need to get up at a decent time on weekends and my days off so as to complete this list, which is definitely not a bad thing. I'm also tentatively planning a trip to Germany and Belgium and eagerly awaiting some wonderful visitors from the USA. Things to look forward to!

As promised......TINY PIG!

No comments:

Post a Comment