Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I LEAVE TOMORROW!

Ok all...I head out to France tomorrow. I'm feeling so many waves of different emotions and feelings and what not that it's unbelievable. I'm not even all packed yet! Whoops! I hope that everyone wants to pop in every once in a while to see what I'm experiencing over in Paris. This is just a start-up post, so it will get more interesting I promise!

My flight leaves tomorrow at 3:30pm and I'll be getting into Charles de Gaulle at around 9:30am Paris time. So it's a long journey. I'm meeting a friend from work at the airport and she and her friend are going to help me navigate my hotel (which is extremely nice and generous of them!!!), so that makes me a little bit less nervous. Then when I get to my hotel I'm going to settle in a little bit and wait for Natalie (my hetero-lifemate) to arrive so we can start our adventure!! I haven't seen her in 4 months and it's about damn time!

For my host family I got them a couple books about Minnesota. One is focused around Mpls/St. Paul and it's full of pictures and little captions, then the other is a book about greater MN that has gorgeous photos of the lakes up north and fall colors, etc. I think it is a good representation of how beautiful MN is. Also, I thought it would be cool to take mom's advice and get some wild rice to bring them considering it's the state grain and it's tasty! Plus, before I arrive I intend to buy some flowers to bring. I think that it's a pretty good set-up and will show that I'm really excited and gracious of this family for being my host.

The family lives in the 17th Arrondissement which is a decently ritzy part of town. They have a couple kids and to be honest I don't know much else about them. I know that the area of their apartment/house I'll be in is the "chambre de bonne" which translates to maid's quarters. It will basically be like a little studio apartment that most likely won't have its own bathroom, but I'm not about to complain! I hope their kids are old enough to be able to hang out and show me around town a little bit, but little kids would be a joy as well!

Well, I better get back to finishing up my packing and stuff. I love you all and will miss you dearly! Please keep in touch but don't get frustrated with me because I'm not bringing my laptop so my computer access will be sporadic. Have a great summer everybody! I know I will!!!

:-)


Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment