Tuesday, June 2, 2009

uncooked meat.

So...last night we had hamburgers for dinner...which is all well and good. However, when you bite into your nice looking brown burger and the inside is completely raw, the gag reflex may or may not start to set in. I actually managed to eat about half of the burger before I just couldn't anymore. The dad noticed my displeasure because, to be frank, it was pretty hard to hide and he offered to fry my burger up some more for me. It was pretty funny when he reserved it to me because he said "hamberger a la Whitman" and then made a joke about how instead of scrambled eggs I eat scrambled meat. He also informed me that that's how the French always eat their meat, which I already knew...and which is why I haven't ordered any red meat at a restaurant because I'm afraid it will be still alive on my plate. I've discovered that birds like chicken and turkey are always well cooked, pork is most of the time, and fish is a little undercooked...but I've been too afraid to eat any steak or hamburgers. I'm surprised I kept that uncooked half of meat down. It reminded me of how mom takes her meat...grossss.....

Also, apparently "public bathroom" actually means "place where men go to piss all over the floor and then leave" so they smell TERRIBLE. Never go to the bathroom in a McDonald's in France. Also, if possible, avoid all bathrooms at big monuments. But that's just common sense.

I'm getting pumped for Strasbourg! Rawr!

1 comment:

  1. i would have gagged too:-( That was nice of him to cook it some more. He has a sense of humor too, so that makes life easier. :-) Keep having fun

    ReplyDelete